We all want to save money when traveling but we surely wouldn’t like the money-question to prevent us from enjoying ourselves. The way out? Try turning budgeting into real fun; in other words, enjoy your saving money:
1. Join online money saving communities
Travel social media networks will help you find travel buddies and discuss money-saving tips. Best Travel Deals is your best choice because it combines two features in one:
- It is all about traveling: you can make friends with people who have similar interests and plans;
- It is all about bargains: you can find travel deals your friends recommend you.
Here are cool features of the site you will find enjoyable:
- Submit and share your own finds;
- Add other members to friends;
- Vote for deals submitted by others;
- Comment and read other users’ comments on deals they have tried and destinations they have visited.
2. Try home exchange
Stay in someone else’s home and then have this person stay in your home. Online home exchange programs offer you to:
- Establish long-term friendship throughout the world (those connections may then result in yearly traveling and home exchanges);
- Get a deeper understanding of other country’s cultures (by staying in a hotel you won’t learn so much about how people live and behave in other country).
- Live in other city or country completely for free!
Of course, you shouldn’t forget about safety when staying in a stranger’s house though.
3. Turn your money saving into real adventures!
You can’t even imagine how exciting budgeting can be! Consider such amazing money saving opportunities as night trains (aren’t they romantic?) or even cooking yourself. The latter may sound not that exciting but it can be fun: consider exploring local cuisine and learning to cook it yourself!
Sounds good so far? I hope you are getting the idea now: get creative and your budgeting will be more enjoyable than living in a luxurious hotel!